Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III

include in sense desktop

I use often « include »  in edit scrip of Qlikview 11.2. But I don’t find it in sense desktop. Do it exist always in sense desktop or it is replaced by anything else.

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

You can easiely drop your QVW file into QlikSense and the script will be migrated, the visualiztion has to be redone, as there are the differences between QlikView and QlikSense

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable

You can use include same as in QlikView as the Script can be resued in QlikSense, just make sure to check the relative Path maybe changed

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

i test it, and it works perfectly.

In fact In qlikview 11.2, i can find the menu like thismenu top edit script.png.

and

menu low .png

but i don't find these in qlikview sense.

if i understand, in spite of these don't exist in data load editor of qlikview sense, but i can always use these functions like "include", "binary"," LOAD * INLINE " etc.......

Not applicable

Yes, there is no GUI Function to do this in QlikSense, but the script functions working fine.

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

OK perfectly, i have a easy way to migrate my script from qlikview to qlikview sense(just copy and paste). but for the sheet how can i do. i have tried copy paste the object, but it dosen't work. so i should develop completely my application qlikview?

Not applicable

You can easiely drop your QVW file into QlikSense and the script will be migrated, the visualiztion has to be redone, as there are the differences between QlikView and QlikSense

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

it is great, i just do a test, il works finely. But will qliktech provide a tool for help migrate the part of visualization in the futur?

and if is function "fastchange"  exist in qlikview sense?

wallace_c
Employee
Employee

Hi Xia,

Please note QlikView, QlikSense are two different products, have a look fromQlik Sense Support FAQ

Can I copy my QlikView 11 documents (qvw) to Qlik Sense Desktop?

Yes, but only limited parts (script) of your QlikView 11 documents will be able to convert into the Qlik Sense app (qvf) format.

And there is also a tutorial from our resource Qlik Sense Desktop - Converting a QlikView Data Model (video)

If you are visiting from mainland of China, I am not sure if you can review the tutorial through youtube, but hope above can solve most of your doubts when you are trying to convert QlikView application to QlikSense.

You can use the old script, but for interface UI the best recommendation is redesign.

By the way, I didn't see fast change exist in Qlik Sense.  

Regards,

Wallace

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

There is no direct equivalent at this point for 'Fast Change' in Sense.  But have you played with the 'Convert' option when you drop one visualization on top of an existing one?  Try this

1. Define a table with several columns, measures (at least two) & dimensions on a sheet

2. Drag a scatter plot on to the sheet and directly on top of the table defined in one (ensure you hit the table and not a space adjacent to it).

3. You will be presented with an option to either replace or convert the table to the scatter plot. Choose CONVERT.

4. The table becomes a scatter plot.  Check out the list of dimensions & measures. Even if no longer used, those elements defined in the original table are retained.

5. Now drag a pie chart onto the scatter plot - same exercise.  Again choose CONVERT. Again check out the dimensions & measures

6. Now drag a table back onto the pie chart and choose CONVERT.  See that all of the original dimensions & measures are retained

Of course all of that is done in EDIT mode, a concept similar to Fast Change from the view perspective is on the roadmap.

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

i tried "convert", il is very helpful for me to find the best graphic to present the data. But i thought it was a regrettable that qlikview sense don't keep this feature. And we have lots of graphic using this function "fast change".