Skip to main content

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2023, a live, in-person thrill ride. Save $300 before February 6: REGISTER NOW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coloful_architect
Creator II
Creator II

line and pivot table chart to only show selective dimensions

hi guys,

I wanna make one line chart and one table which only show selective value in one dimension.

so like this line chart, let's say those lines are companies. I only want to show company A, B and C. rest of them would 

be grouped into the other. But those companies do not have a logical rank. can not render by top 10 function. Any way I can achieve that?

Similar for pivot table, is there a good way I could just show those selective companies, value would be market share and column/headers would be calendar time.for questions.png

Thanks 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

If you want to show the detail for the 3 companies and bucket the remainder together you can use a combination if condition with match. This code would be added to the dimension where you currently have the Company name:

if(match([Company], 'A', 'B', 'C'), [Company], 'Other')

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Anthony

View solution in original post

3 Replies
anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

If you want to show the detail for the 3 companies and bucket the remainder together you can use a combination if condition with match. This code would be added to the dimension where you currently have the Company name:

if(match([Company], 'A', 'B', 'C'), [Company], 'Other')

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Anthony

coloful_architect
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thx Anthony.

one more question..let's say I have a bunch of measurements. I want to filter out those companies 's share beyond like 10%. instead of making setting expression on each measurements. can we do something with this if match at dimensions?

anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by filtering out beyond 10% but you can filter out those companies.

if(not match([Company], 'A', 'B', 'C'), [Company])

This will remove these companies from the measure.