cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KSONI23
Contributor II
Contributor II

loading data from sql - Insert data into table vs union data

I am trying to load data from my sql table to qlik sense, but facing issues with loading complete data sets.

When I INSERT data from one table to another table in SQL qlik only recognises the first result set. I have ensured both tables have the same data type for each column and still qlik wont recognise the new data. I have also tried to limit my qlik sense load to the new data set with a where clause. this runs the load successfully but does not pick up the new data.

If I use a UNION to join table the table in sql it works fine and the complete data set is available in qlik sense when I load the data.

I would prefer to use the INSERT instead of UNION as I would end up with a huge script of union tables. Any ideas on what I could do to get around this ? or si there a way I can add table data to an existing QVD file?

Thanks Krishna

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KSONI23
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks to Qlik team I have managed to resolve this issue.

Make sure to use the COMMIT statement to ensure changes are saved in SQL.

If you don't then the updated or inserted records wont show up when you reload the data set in Qlik.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KSONI23
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Managed to part solve this by linking the two tables using joining two QVDs together, but still curious to know if anyone knows why if you INSERT or UPDATE  an SQL table why Qlik sense does not recognise the new records or updates?

KSONI23
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks to Qlik team I have managed to resolve this issue.

Make sure to use the COMMIT statement to ensure changes are saved in SQL.

If you don't then the updated or inserted records wont show up when you reload the data set in Qlik.