Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

map size

hi expert

i have a problem whit a map in sense

i see the points ok, but the size is something extrange, the size of the map, what could be?

attached the qvf

thank you a lot

Fernando

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Fernando,

There are two maps in your sample.  On both you have not set a measure so this means all points will have the same size.

On the second map (Sheet tesrt) the map points are quite small and the map is zoomed out.  You can right-click on a map and select Navigation which will display controls you can use to zoom in/out.

Hope this helps?

Kind regards,

Rod

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Thank you Rod

My problem is in the tesrt page

altough put the navigation to do zoom in or out, when te app load the map see wrong,

the points of the marks expresion dont have anything in common with the visualization of the map that i told you, dont?

thank you a lot

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Fernando,

In what way is the map wrong when the app loads?

One of the things to keep in mind is that you're using a background map provider. They are using tiled pictures to create that background map, which means that they have pictures at different zoom levels. If you add the navigation and zoom in one step you will notice that not all dots fits within the area. That's why it at the start is zoomed out as far as it is, there is no other zoom level by that background map that fits all the dots inside.

You can test this by turning off the background map, then you'll see that the zoom is set to fit the dots inside. At least from the north-south perspective. The empty areas on the side is due to the aspect ratio you have on the map object.

Regards,

Patrik

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Hi Patrik, thank you for your answer

I try to explain and said that i do not understand why the map not "fit" in the object ok?

i attached the image, and why repeat continent for example if I DO NOT do zoom in?

if i use the zoom in , it works all right, but i want that something like "fit to.." and only see the wold map normaly (not repeated)

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

That's how background maps works. If you zoom out in bing maps, google maps etc they do repeat the background. One of the reasons behind it is globalization, the map should be used in any region of the world and how we treat the center of a map is based on where we are located. A world map in a class room in America, Europe and Asia will all look different.

bing maps.png

What they normally do to avoid that is to put a max zoom out level. We also have it as you can't zoom out further than the background map provider allows. But to avoid repetition and to make that max zoom out level not show anything but your area you will have to change the form factor of your map.

Form factor.png

Regards,

Patrik