Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III

null value appearence in dimension after measure calculation

Hello,

my straight table is like this

Client, aggr(max([visit date]),[Client]) , Sum(Aggr(If([visitdate] = Max(TOTAL <[Client]> [visitdate]), Sum({<[availability] = {'available'}>} [amount purchased])), [Client], [visitdate]))

and when i add my sum measure to the table, i notice a  "-" client to the first column, that can't be clicked on, or exist in the data.

My script is just my table , with a simple JOIN with the table that has the client names.

I don't know where this comes from, i don't wanna just not "include null values" , i want to undestand and correct it.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It was because of the master calendar date field!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

@ioannagr I would create a table object with just dimensions with all columns  starting with client and see if you see any rows where Client is null.

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@sunny_talwar  hey! Thanks for being here once again in a day! Well, my Client table only has ID's and names and i can confirm there are no null values there.

sunny_talwar

@ioannagr Client table? I thought you only have a single table in your dashboard? It might be possible that there are ID which don't appear on the client table?

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@sunny_talwar  let me rephrase it, yes, it's one table after join, but my "Client" relevant fields are  Client id and client name and are 1-1 with no nulls. Now the rest of the fields i haven't tried to put all together in a table to see if a null in Client can be created, i just noticed it after the measure calculation

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@sunny_talwar maybe it's because of my master calendar dates that nothing happened on these days?!?!

sunny_talwar

@ioannagr it could be, difficult to know without seeing. May be someone else have ideas

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@sunny_talwar  if that's it, i think it's ok to just hide null values right? Or how can it be fixed?

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It was because of the master calendar date field!