Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III

open app at default year of 2020

Hello all,

do you know how to make a specific year (for me it's 2020) as a default when opening the app?

I still want to have year filters though.

Thank you in advance,

Ioanna

10 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@ioannagr If you are using Qlik Sense 2020 version (Feb-Apr-Jun) you can use sheet actions and make the sheet to be opened with a specific selection of value (or values) per field, see more here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Sheets/setting-sheet-act...

Eli.

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @EliGohar , is that different from what @tresesco suggested? Just asked my partner to update the version anyways. Thank you guys! 😄

EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@ioannagr Just 2 different methods - but both will give you the same result 🙂

Maybe the Bookmarks method is a more intuitive method, Anyway I prefer sheet actions.

er77
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I'm doing the same on different apps deployed on our company.

The best way to do that today, if you are using Qlik Sense February 2020 (or most recent) is to work with Actions.

In addition you can also use something like Year(Today()) (or a variable on the script) so when you switch to 2021 there is nothing to do, current year will be always based on the real current year without any change to do on the qlik sense app.

See an example attached.

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @er77 , thanks for your input. Adding  variable Year(Today()) to the script though means that no selections for other years will be available in filters  in app right? I mean everything will be loaded for just Year(Today()).

er77
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

absolutely not; variable will help to apply a default filter but if you add a filter pane on the sheet with the Year dimension you are able to select a different year.

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I see. I want the most obvious  and friendly way for the user though, one that would understand at once how it works without further explanation 🤔

er77
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I'm on the same situation with my users, then if you follow my suggestion your users will be happy.

they will land on the sheet with a default filter applied on the year dimension, then from a filter pane on the screen they are free to change the selected year