Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

parameter

In Qliksense Mashup  is it possible to combine the objects from two dashboards.

9 Replies
hemhund2016
Creator
Creator

It should be possible.

Have a look at below.

http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?705-QlikCanvas

Thanks,

Hemanth.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Yes !  

If you have desktop installed and open, go to a browser and go to localhost:4848/workbench.  You can create a new mashup with the dev-hub templates using objects from multiple apps.

rubenmarin

Hi, I did some test time ago and it's possible, didn't tested well but I found complicated the use of selections, as there are different data models and selections are done in one model. There should be a way to manage that but I didn't have time to go deeper with the tests.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Ruben,

You can Combine the objects from multiple apps and even have a common filter set to filter the fields of all the objects on the mashup page from the same filter.

Let me know if you need help with achieving this functionality.

- Sangram

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Jonathan and Ruben,

I tried the Mashup editor but its allowing to choose only one dashboard from the drop down. Do we need to to use the qlik.openApp function. If so can have two connections opened at the same time

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Choose one dashboard and add the objects you want to the template, then change the dashboard you select and add other objects to the dashboard.

The objects from the first dashboard will still work in concert with the new ones.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Brindlogcool,

Yes, you need to open the second app as well.

Use the below code:

var appA = qlik.openApp('A.qvf', config);
var appB = qlik.openApp('B.qvf', config);

Now use the below code on selecting a value form the list box:

$(".selection").click(function() {

appA.field("[Field").selectMatch($(this).text(), false);

appB.field("[Field").selectMatch($(this).text(), false);

});

rubenmarin

Hi Sangram, if it's easy to you give some links will be helpful, I'm always open to learn.

If you need time to explain don't worry, right now I don't have need for a real scenario and I don't want to make you waste time, if it comes someday I'll ask you for help. Thanks.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Ruben,

check this out:

https://help.qlik.com/sense/1.1/en-us/developer/index.html#../Subsystems/Workbench/Content/workbench...

If you go through this site, I am sure you will learn tons.

Happy Learning

Cheers

- Sangram