Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barbora
Contributor
Contributor

pie chart limitation

HI,

I‘m facing an issue with the dimension limits in the Pie chart. I would like to show only the Products (sum of sales) where the cumulative percentage is lower than 94% in the pie chart. However, the products with cumulative percentage higher than 94% I would like to put in a new category ‘other‘.

I can do it in a straight table (see picture), I’ve calculated the cumulative percentage (column % Sales cumulative) and also a grouping dimension column (Product group). But how can I do it in a pie chart? Is it posible to make a new grouping dimesion or to use dimension limits without using the same expression that is displayed?

Thanks in advance

6 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

I'm not sure I understand the logic of trying to show a cumulative % in a pie chart

Barbora
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I would like to show second column (‘sum Sales’) in the pie chart, but only for the products where the cumulative percentage is lower than 94% (product 1 up to product 13) and a new category ‘other’ (from product 14 to 21). Like in the column ‘Product group’ in the table.

Thanks

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Use whatever logic you used to get your top 13 product group as the no others. If you did it in the load script, you chart expression for top exact value would be:

=count({[Product group] = -{other}}Product)

Barbora
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Lisa.
But with dynamic data? I don’t really have column Product group.
When I use the filters the number of products where the cumulative % is lower than 94% and category 'other' will change.

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Just use the same logic to determine the number (13)

Barbora
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your effort. I still don’t get it. Probably I did not express myself clearly.
I have 3 columns: sector (used in filter), Product (product name) and Sales (amount in euro’s).
Please see simplified sample of data bellow.

I would like to show Sales per product in a pie-chart, but only for the products where the cumulative % is lower than 94%.

Calculation for Cumulative percentage in straith table is:
Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Sales), 0, RowNo())),Produkt)/sum(TOTAL Sales)

But I don’t know how/where to use it in piechart. How can I tell the pie-chart to show only these products? I've tried it using Dimension Limitation, but I did not succeed.

Thanks.

LOAD * Inline [
Sector, Produkt,Sales
A,Produkt 1,994421
A,Produkt 2,875245
A,Produkt 3,859178
A,Produkt 4,840641
B,Produkt 5,834704
C,Produkt 6,824174
B,Produkt 7,817870
C,Produkt 8,698438
C,Produkt 9,627512