Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Qlik® Product Spotlight: Discover what’s possible. Get more from our products.
See for yourself. Register today.
stonecold111
Not applicable

pivot table totals to end & bottom

Hi qliks,

I have pivot table with 1 row and 1 column, i want to move totals to end & bottom in qliksense. how can i do that.

Capture.PNG

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Not applicable

Re: pivot table totals to end & bottom

There are no plans to retire Qlikview at present so don't worry.

What I would say is the future is heading towards Qlik Sense style responsive layouts where the users consuming your analytics are doing so on different view ports and this has to be taken into account with design going forward.

Just because you did something a certain way in Qlikview doesn't make it necessarily the right way to present it in Sense.

You need to start thinking in terms of absolute must haves vs nice to haves.  For me totals at the bottom or at the end of a pivot table although a nice option to set is not a show stopper and I understand the reason why they went this way first, but each user case will be different.  Try to present the positive point of view to your users and get buy in on the newer approach.

Regards

Andy

8 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Not applicable

Hi,

this option don't exist on the pivot...

stonecold111
Not applicable

How dumb qliksense is  ,even basic options are not there.

Better retire this product

ogster1974
Not applicable

As sense charts are designed for responsive design layouts the positioning of the totals are to give full accessibility to the user whatever the device.

YoussefBelloum
Not applicable

Relaaaaaaax, take a breath and ask for an improvment

stonecold111
Not applicable

I accept your point,but what if they retire qlikview,how can we migrate our qlikview dashboards into qliksense with these options

ogster1974
Not applicable

There are no plans to retire Qlikview at present so don't worry.

What I would say is the future is heading towards Qlik Sense style responsive layouts where the users consuming your analytics are doing so on different view ports and this has to be taken into account with design going forward.

Just because you did something a certain way in Qlikview doesn't make it necessarily the right way to present it in Sense.

You need to start thinking in terms of absolute must haves vs nice to haves.  For me totals at the bottom or at the end of a pivot table although a nice option to set is not a show stopper and I understand the reason why they went this way first, but each user case will be different.  Try to present the positive point of view to your users and get buy in on the newer approach.

Regards

Andy

isingh30
Not applicable

stonecold111
Not applicable

Thanks for your inputs.