Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vince_CH
Creator III
Creator III

problem with Canonical date in KPI

Dear friends,

as below two KPIs, to indicate the YTD production orders quantity, with KPI set by canonical date with datetype as "order" as showed in scripts right side. and second KPI just was with standard order calendar setting. 

it was no problem before to show the consistent results, but now as the time is approaching the end of our fiscal year, which means for same order for example, the plan date could be in next fiscal year, as different from the order calendar still in this fiscal year.  

so now the KPI set by the canonical date turned into zero instead. how can i achieve the same result as order date calendar did, but as per the canonical date??  thanks in advance!

11.jpg

5 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I notice you are missing a comma after DateType={'Order'}.

It should be ... DateType={'Order'}, DateCan....
Vince_CH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Vegar, thanks, the comma was there, just was hidden by my yellow lines. sorry for that.
Vince_CH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Sameer, yes, have read this blog earlier, based on which i had created the scripts as you can see from my screen shot right side.
the point is, when all datetype are in same fiscal year, it is no problem to show the consistent results, but whenever one datetype is exceeding into next fiscal year, and some datetypes are still remains in current fiscal years, then it is the problem. because the Max(Year( Date_Can)) always pick up up the most future year, regardless some datetype are still within the current year, so the data are extracted in disorder.
Vince_CH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

the reason why i used canonical date is more easier to select by one button. but if there is no solution here, then i have to create more calendar buttons as per different datatypes in order, plan, finish etc. but it will be quite lengthy and complicated to choose between differentiation what from what.

so did anybody have the same experience and resolved this issue before?