Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgonin
Contributor II
Contributor II

problem with filtering and aggregating

Hello my friends!

Please help me solve the following issue or at least point me in the correct direction.

I have following measure:

sum(if(aggr(count(distinct Medicine_Key),Pharm_id,Pharmacy_Chain)=GetPossibleCount(Medicine_Key),1,0))

In my model there is also such dimension as Period. I want to filter the model for 3 chosen months in a row. So if I choose, let's say, '9/1/2019','8/1/2019','7/1/2019', I receive the correct result based on formula above.

But I want to receive the same answer clicking only on 1 month (so, if I click on '9/1/2019', I should get answer based on formula above, but for this month and 2 months before, inclusive, like this: '9/1/2019','8/1/2019','7/1/2019').

I believe you would suggest me to use set expression, so please keep in mind that I have another filter with dimension Medicine_Key and its' filters should be taken into account.

Model looks like this. 

Capture.PNG

Please help me, how to do so?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
megglerock
Contributor II
Contributor II

Try putting the set analysis in your count as well: 

sum(

{$<[Period]={">=$(vMaxPeriodBack2)<=$(vMaxPeriod)"}>}

if(aggr(count({$<[Period]={">=$(vMaxPeriodBack2)<=$(vMaxPeriod)"}>}distinct Medicine_Key),Pharm_id,Pharmacy_Chain)=GetPossibleCount(Medicine_Key),1,0)

)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
megglerock
Contributor II
Contributor II

I would make a variable for your max selected Period, one for you max selected Period - 2 months, and use set analysis to choose the Periods between these two variables.

eg:

varMaxPeriod = =max([Period])

varMaxPeriodBack2 = =date(if(GetSelectedCount([Period])>0 and GetSelectedCount([Period])<=3,AddMonths(max([Period]),-2),min([Period])),'M/D/YYYY')

set analysis expression:

{<[Period]={">=$(varMaxPeriodBack2)<=$(varMaxPeriod)"}

pgonin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Unfortunately it keeps counting the values only for 1 month ignoring 2 months before this one.

Maybe the problem somewhere in syntax?

sum(

if(aggr(count(distinct Medicine_Key),Pharm_id,Pharmacy_Chain)=GetPossibleCount(Medicine_Key),1,0)

)

vMaxPeriod: =Max(Period)

vMaxPeriodBack2: =date(if(GetSelectedCount([Period])>0 and GetSelectedCount([Period])<=3,AddMonths(max([Period]),-2),min([Period])),'MM/DD/YYYY')

megglerock
Contributor II
Contributor II

Try putting the set analysis in your count as well: 

sum(

if(aggr(count({$<[Period]={">=$(vMaxPeriodBack2)<=$(vMaxPeriod)"}>}distinct Medicine_Key),Pharm_id,Pharmacy_Chain)=GetPossibleCount(Medicine_Key),1,0)

)

pgonin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks! It worked perfectly!