Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zjdoonj
Contributor III
Contributor III

qlik Sense - Sheet list dropdown button

Hi Friends,

I have 8 sheets in my qlik sense app. Is it possible to create a drop down button in qlik sense app so that if users click on the dropdown , he should be able to navigate to any of the sheet in the app? some thing like below:

zjdoonj_1-1630072225842.png

Thanks

8 Replies
joaopaulo_delco
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @zjdoonj !

There's no button with drop down option. I think the closest of it is use a "Variable Input" object to show a drop down options and a button on side to navigate to a selected option. 

joaopaulo_delco_0-1630074510963.png

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
zjdoonj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Delco,

Thanks for replying, can you please explain a bit more how to set up variable input button to display the list of sheets e.g my sheets are Demand, Market, Charging etc. How can these be shown when clicking on dropdown?

joaopaulo_delco
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@zjdoonj , see the attached below.

Basically i created the variable called vSheetChoose. I used the object "Variable Input" and "Button".
In the "Variable Input" was chosen to be displayed as "Drop down" and defined 3 options with the ID of each Sheet.

joaopaulo_delco_0-1630086526380.png

In the "Button" object I chose the option of browsing by ID as below.

joaopaulo_delco_1-1630086550961.png

joaopaulo_delco_2-1630086821795.png

Hope this helps

zjdoonj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried your solution above but still not working. Whats the definition of vSheetChoose variable? also my requirement to show all the sheets in a drop down where user can select any sheet to analyze. Please let me know if this is what you are achieving? Thanks!

joaopaulo_delco
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@zjdoonj did you see the file "Aux Community.qvf" that was attatched?

You can import this project to you qliksense by QMC if you're using Qlik Sense enterprise.

If you're using Qlik Sense desktop, save this file in your app folder "C:\Users\your_user\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps" to see the project.

zjdoonj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am using qlik sense desktop and see your file "Aux Community.qvf" its not what I am looking for. I just want a dropdown which shows all the sheets in my app and when user select a sheet that should open up. Thanks!

JTSmall
Contributor II
Contributor II

Zjdoonj, did you ever come to a solution on this? 

Thanks.

aadil_madarveet
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Check attached. This is exactly what @joaopaulo_delco has described.

Hope this helps.