Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nroy12
Contributor II
Contributor II

qlik expression

Hi All,

Kindly suggest me whats wrong with this statement?

i am getting invalid statement.

=min(If(Match(task_name,'Upload Content') and Match(workflow_name,'EMEA Content Upload and perform QC'),date(task_creation_date), '31/12/2025'))

thanks,

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

• Are the field names correct?
  • Even if it says error in expression What happens if you just click "Apply
  • Can you post a screenshot of the Edit Expression window

Even below will return same result

=If(Match(task_name,'Upload Content') and Match(workflow_name,'EMEA Content Upload and perform QC')
,min(date(Date)), makedate(2025,12,31))

or

=if(

min({<task_name={'Upload Content'},workflow_name={'EMEA Content Upload and perform QC'}>}task_creation_date

,min({<task_name={'Upload Content'},workflow_name={'EMEA Content Upload and perform QC'}>}task_creation_date)

,makedate(2025,12,31) )

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

There does not appear to be anything wrong with this statement. It parses correctly in Data Load Editor.

durgesh22
Creator
Creator

@nroy12 

Above statement is valid, but make sure the FIELDS you are using in this expression are correct.

nroy12
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

yes but when i add the min function its giving me invalid in the report expression, otherwise wihtout min its working fine. i got 3 lines of dates. wanted to take min of these dates.

Or
MVP
MVP

Your issue is probably with using a string within the min() function. Try using a date instead of the string in the Else section.

durgesh22
Creator
Creator

Can you help with few lines of dummy data , it will help others is giving solution to your problem.

nroy12
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

i tried instead of string following:

=min(If(Match(task_name,'Upload Content') and Match(workflow_name,'EMEA Content Upload and perform QC'),date(task_creation_date), makedate(2025,12,31)))

still its saying invalid statement

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

• Are the field names correct?
  • Even if it says error in expression What happens if you just click "Apply
  • Can you post a screenshot of the Edit Expression window

Even below will return same result

=If(Match(task_name,'Upload Content') and Match(workflow_name,'EMEA Content Upload and perform QC')
,min(date(Date)), makedate(2025,12,31))

or

=if(

min({<task_name={'Upload Content'},workflow_name={'EMEA Content Upload and perform QC'}>}task_creation_date

,min({<task_name={'Upload Content'},workflow_name={'EMEA Content Upload and perform QC'}>}task_creation_date)

,makedate(2025,12,31) )

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
nroy12
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanks its working correctly with my statement but i had to put this expression in the measure instead of dimension. but i have achieve result like following:

here the left side  less than 3 days , 3-5 days this grouping is the dimension i wanted to count by  above duration expression.

actual result i am getting now:

nroy12_1-1651582531784.png

expected result:

nroy12_0-1651582373642.png

thanks,