Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ottebian
Contributor III
Contributor III

qlik sense chart without dimension

Hi,

I'm currently reviewing Qlik Sense and I try to rebuild a dashboard, we already have in use with QlikView.

Therefore I need to build a Pie-/Donutchart that contains serveral Expressions but NO dimensions.

I find myself failing to create such a Chart, and hope anyone can help out.

regards

FO

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

then You can use Gage chart or KPI's chart or text objects for the same. but not the Pie chart.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

HI Even in QlikView U should have 1 dimension right? same way here. anyway please share the eeg of wat you have done in QlikView so it will give us a better understanding or at least an eg.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

How would the pie chart know what to segment by without a dimension?

I think as vinaykumar suggests a screen shot would help to show what you are looking to achieve and allow people to offer solutions. 

ottebian
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

First, thank you for your answer.

I don't have a screenshot at hand right now, but I found a blog Post that addresses this topic and shows what I am trying to achieve: Expressionless and Dimensionless Charts | Qlikview Cookbook

Not applicable

perhaps add an expression as:

=''

has an "expression" but title would be blank and would cover all (~filtered) data

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

So you are looking to visualise a value that has been calculated and perhaps displayed in a KPI already.

In that case you would need to create a dynamic dimension as a master item I think.

Something like

=ValueList('Sales','Margins')

Then in your measure would be something like

If( <your dimension> = {'Sales'}, <your sales calc>, <your margin calc>)

vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

then You can use Gage chart or KPI's chart or text objects for the same. but not the Pie chart.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Attached is a working example of this approach

What is ValueList?  see if it will work for your case.

ottebian
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you all very much for your help.

Combining some of your answers I found a way to make my chart work. It looks a little different from what I had in mind beforehand, but it meets the users requirements just as well. Thanks alot.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌let us know how you solved it as it might be a useful solution for other community members.