Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nilekp2019
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

qlik sense multi node

I have one serial number or license key, need to configure 3 servers  i.e. development production, and  testing using the same serial no. for production and testing, it's working fine. Can I use the same serial no. or license key for setting up a testing server. I set up the multi-node installation creating a development server as a rim node and testing as a central node.   My query is if the central node server gets crashed, will my rim node server work or not. As per my knowledge it will get crashed as the QMC is same . Kindly help.

3 Replies
dayashankar
Partner - Contributor III

Hello,

It is better to keep seperate key for each landscape if usage is less you can change your license type for non-production landscape.

Regarding server availability if Central node is down then Rim node also not worked.

Regards,

Daya Jha 

nilekp2019
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

then what s the benefit of qlik sense multi node instalation, 

dayashankar

Multinode installation is for load balancing or if primary is down secondary will take care of it but only condition is except database all services should be replica of primary node, also you have to host database on seperate server not on the same box where your primary node is hosted. For e.g: - In your architecture you need 3 servers 1. Primary node 2. Secondary node 3. Database Postgresql so that if primary node goes down nothing will impact to the application, in most of the case client has proceed with default installation where postgresql is deployed on primary node. I hope this will help. Regards, Daya Jha