Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

ali_hijazi
Honored Contributor

qlik sense problem

Hello

I downloaded the latest version of Qlik Sense

I installed it on Windows 2012 server however the management console doesn't open

the same setup I ran it on Windows server 2008 r2 and the management consoled opened with no problems

Please advise as the requirement is to install the Qlik sense on windows 2012 server

I got the following error in the proxy log:

When contacting https://localhost:4242/No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:4242

Please advise

Message was edited by: Ali Hijazi

12 Replies
agigliotti
Honored Contributor II

Re: qlik sense problem

I have the same issue.

Is there a way to fix it ?

shraddha_g
Honored Contributor III

Re: qlik sense problem

What error you are getting on another Server?

Does IIS is installed on the same Server?

Please check where Port 80,443,4242 are free.

If some other processes are using these ports then you will need to get it free for Qliksense.

lakshmikandh
Valued Contributor II

Re: qlik sense problem

along with port check if the services are running properly

agigliotti
Honored Contributor II

Re: qlik sense problem

No IIS installed

The problem seem to be connected with the installation of IBM iSeries ODBC driver for DB2/400.

Before Qlik Sense Server was running fine.

I uninstalled the program but both hub and qmc still not working .

Attached the log files.

Somebody can help me to solve the issue ?

It's urgent !

Thanks in advance.

BR

Andrea

Highlighted
lakshmikandh
Valued Contributor II

Re: qlik sense problem

is all your Qlik service are running, log files says unable to connect to your repository service ?

Try to restart the service manually if thats not working ,restart the server once .

agigliotti
Honored Contributor II

Re: qlik sense problem

danieldias
New Contributor II

Re: qlik sense problem

Andrea, i have same issue.

The link not work from my user.

You can help me?

lakshmikandh
Valued Contributor II

Re: qlik sense problem

Raise a ticket in Qlik support,  you will not be able to view that thread mentioned above.

agigliotti
Honored Contributor II

Re: qlik sense problem

Daniel,

take a look at this article:

/***

Description

After installing Qlik Sense, the QMC and HUB are not working and result in a "page not found" error.  Review of the Repository logs shows an error, "Fatal exception: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider.  It may not be installed." each time the machine is rebooted or the Qlik Sense services are restarted.

November 2015 update: Version 2.X.X track, new error link to this issue:

System_Repository logs:

Unable to determine the provider name for provider factory of type 'Devart.Data.PostgreSql.PgSqlProviderFactory'. Make sure that the ADO.NET provider is installed or registered in the application config.↵↓An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor()' on type 'DatabaseContext'. ---> Unable to determine the provider name for provider factory of type 'Devart.Data.PostgreSql.PgSqlProviderFactory'. Make sure that the ADO.NET provider is installed or registered in the application config. (See inner exception for details.)

Service_Repository logs:

Error: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Qlik.Sense.Logging.IQSLogManager, Repository.Core.INodeStaticInfo, Qlik.Sense.Common.Security.ISecuritySetup, Qlik.Sense.Common.Communication.REST.Server.IRESTEngineFactory, Repository.Core.ISystemInformation, Qlik.Sense.IO.ISystemFolderInformation, Repository.Core.Certificates.ICertificatePasswordVerificationWebService, Qlik.Sense.Common.Logging.ILogMaster)' on type 'SetupService'. ---> The "GetAll" operation failed (See inner exception for details.)

Resolution

This is a Microsoft .NET Framework issue. The .NET Framework creates an extra " <DbProviderFactories />" line under the System.data. Manually delete the extra line.

To modify the .Net Framework64 to address the issue, perform the following steps in order:

1- Browse to  "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config
2- Using Notepad or similar editor, open "machine.config" (create a copy of this file prior to modifying)
3- Find the following section :
  <system.data>
    <DbProviderFactories>
      <add name=" .... "
   </DbProviderFactories>
<DbProviderFactories />  (If this line is present, REMOVE it as noted in Step 4)
  </system.data>

4- Remove the additional "<DbProviderFactories />" line
5- Save the file.

/***

It fixed my issue, I hope it will be useful also for you.

BR

Andrea