Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlik sense

hi QV's,

Why does Qlik Sense Desktop also work with a Web browser, when I access it via http://localhost:4848/hub ?

Thnxs in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When the QlikSense Server is released that will run a Web Server so people can access via web Browser.

This local url is so that via the QlikSense Desktop one can emulate how will look like via the yet to be released QlikSense Server

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Lohitha - Qlik Sense does not use any plug-ins. It is strictly Websocket and HTML5 based and will work with most modern web browser's.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions that needs answering?

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

hi michael ,

ya but i have link if we open in internet explore it will show the qliksense then what is the use of that link

http://localhost:4848/hub/my/work

-lohi

Giuseppe_Novello

Lohitha,

Can you please please whats your second question? Http://Localhost:4848/hub is basically to go your hub by using your browser, there's no plug-in integrated.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

hey nove,

i am asking that if it don't requires  IE - plug then what is need to open in browsers

- lohi

Giuseppe_Novello

Lohitha,

On the environment you installed QlikSense , open the browser - type "http://locahost:4848/hub -  press enter.

and that should take you to the hub home page.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When the QlikSense Server is released that will run a Web Server so people can access via web Browser.

This local url is so that via the QlikSense Desktop one can emulate how will look like via the yet to be released QlikSense Server

Not applicable
Author

thxs bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I just noticed that whenMichael Tarallo changed my answer that had been marked Correct to Helpful I retained the original 10 points for Correctand got an additional 5 for his marking my answer to Helpful, which is good for point chasing.

Michael was right to do so as his answer did answer the original question, whereas mine answered a sub question. But it would be good etiquette for Moderators to explain any such changes they do with their elevated rights.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Bill  - duly noted.

Thanks for your participation and contribution, it is most valuable and we appreciate it.

I did not take the points into perspective, just the context of the question and answer. (Moderators who mark their own requests as helpful or correct, do not receive points, only when others mark them).

In regards to explaining the change, it will be noted to add clarity to the "responders"

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik