cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

qsVariable Extension

Hi,

I was looking for the possibility to select only one dimension for every chart on my analysis. I found that this is possible with qsVariable Extension.

I've got simple question as I'm totally new to Qlik. I don't now how to start, I just want to have the possibilty to select only one year which would be a base year for comparison (I compare a year to year data). I don't know how can I define a variable so that it would show me the list of years from which I would select only one.

Thanks for your help,

Maciek

23 Replies
rakeshshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Rohit,

this was super helpful. Wanted to ask another question i am using the switchers as a second dimension.

The switching works appropriately, however all of the colouring has gone and remains as grey in the graph. -

Attached images.

Any ideas on how to get the colouring working again?

I have tried - auto colour, and also by expression (manually assigning one, and also using the if statement)

Thanks

Rakesh

Image1.PNGImage2.PNG

rohitk1609
Master
Master

I am not sure why it is not showing any colors with lines, I have added one date dimension and selected Diverging color option and it is giving me colors here.

rakeshshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Can you explain what Diverging colour option is? I haven't seen that in Qlik sense.

If i change colour to By Dimension and make it one of the dimensions in the graph it works for that one only. If i put the same if statement to switch them it doesn't work.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Rakesh,

You may try this. This is recently launched and will help you.

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlik-sense-cycle-group/