Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

qsVariable to render chart based on newly created buttons

Posted this initially on the wrong thread. 

Hi - wondering if anyone have any thoughts on the approach of my problem.

I want to have my bar chart render on a click of a button to show me 'Top 10' and 'Bottom 10' values based on my 'sales' and 'account' columns. 

Capture1.PNG

I have my syntax ready and believe they should be placed in the actual button section:

Top 10 = 
sum({<Account={"=Rank(Sum(Sales))<=10"}>} Sales)

Bottom 10 = 
SUM({<Account = {"=Rank(-SUM(Sales)<=10"}>}Sales)

Capture2.PNG

My confusion - on the below image, I am not sure how this linkage is created given that I can only tie this qsVariable extension to one variable (vTopBot).

Capture3.PNG

I am also unsure what I am supposed to define within my given variable in order to produce the top and bot 10 values for my chart. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Channa
Valued Contributor III

Re: qsVariable to render chart based on newly created buttons

If(vTopBot=1,Sum({< ACCOUNT  ={"=Rank(Sum( SALES  ))<=10"}>} SALES  ),Sum({< ACCOUNT  ={"=Rank(-Sum( SALES  ))<=10"}>} SALES  ))

try this

Channa
7 Replies
Channa
Valued Contributor III

top 10 dimension

=If(Aggr(Rank(Sum(Sales)),Account)<=10,Account)

measure =Sum(Sales)

Channa
Partner
Partner

I have tried that syntax and it doesn't seem to be working. My variables has Top 10 (=1) and Bottom 10 (=2) and I am trying to write out an IF statement so that I am able to grab the top and bottom 10 on a click of the button. Here is a screen shot of what I have set up.Capture.PNG

Channa
Valued Contributor III

bro i amusing below expression to show top 10 countries in my dashboard

=If(Aggr(Rank(Sum(Sales)),Account)<=10,Account)

i just replace country with your account

for bottom 10 use below

=If(Aggr(Rank(-Sum(Sales)),Account)<=10,Account)

and then use IF condition 

if(variable=1,If(Aggr(Rank(-Sum(Sales)),Account)<=10,Account),If(Aggr(Rank(Sum(Sales)),Account)<=10,Account))

Channa
Partner
Partner

Hi Chana, thanks for your advice. I am still not getting any answer on my bar chart. I followed exactly how you have yours set up. Just for testing purposes I just did the first [portion for top 10.

=If($(vTopBot)=1, Aggr(Rank(Sum(SALES)),ACCOUNT)<=10,ACCOUNT)

Does that syntax seem right? Do I need single quotes around my variable?

Channa
Valued Contributor III

If(vTopBot=1,Sum({< ACCOUNT  ={"=Rank(Sum( SALES  ))<=10"}>} SALES  ),Sum({< ACCOUNT  ={"=Rank(-Sum( SALES  ))<=10"}>} SALES  ))

try this

Channa
Partner
Partner

Channa, thank you very  much. It is now going somewhere. My new problem is it seems to be showing more than 

123123.PNG

I do have the '10' set up in the syntax so my understanding is that it should take in the rank for top 10 and bottom 10. I also excluded the null values in the dimension. Any thoughts?

Partner
Partner

Scratch that - I was able to get the top 10 and bottom 10. I had to set do the data handling to exclude null and 0's! Thank you very much. I did have one last question - say I wanted create one more button that will just show everything so my variables will be.. 

1 - top 10

2- bottom 10

3- all/everything

how would my syntax be set up?

If(vTopBot=1,Sum({< ACCOUNT  ={"=Rank(Sum( SALES  ))<=10"}>} SALES  ), if(vTopBot=2 Sum({< ACCOUNT  ={"=Rank(-Sum( SALES  ))<=10"}>} SALES  ) else) something like this?