Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

"An error occurred The app you specified could not be found."

Qlik Sense Desktop v2.2.4

Windows 7 x64

I get the following error when I try to open any app: "An error occurred.  The app you specified could not be found."  When I click on the app from the Desktop Hub, it opens a new tab.  A few seconds later, a popup window appears with the error message.  There are only two buttons on the popup window: Refresh, and Go to the hub.  Refresh clears the screen for a few seconds before the error message appears again.

This error happens with every app - the pre-installed apps, the apps I previously created, and new apps. 

I verified that the QVF files do exist in the correct path C:/Users/<username>/Documents/Qlik/Sense/Apps/

I tried to repair the install - no change.  I uninstalled and reinstalled - no change.  I rebooted after each step - no change.

Thanks,

Thomas

2 Replies
rvr
New Contributor II

Re: "An error occurred The app you specified could not be found."

Hey Thomas,

This is a very late reply, just posting it in case people are looking for a possible solution. In my case I had a widget that had hardcoded a request to an App that no longer existed in my server. I suppose same thing can happen with extensions if they have an App Id hardcoded.

Cheers

shaan007
Contributor

Re: "An error occurred The app you specified could not be found."

Restart the services in Following order-

Repository Database

Repository Services

Dispatch

Proxy

Engine

Scheduler

Printing