Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
william_fu
Creator II
Creator II

"Color by measure" number formatting

Is there a way to change the number formatting in the example below (map colored by a measure)?

Not only is the measure shown twice, but the second appearance displays way too many decimal places.

formatting.PNG

15 Replies
paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II

Good Morning Mike,

any update about this frustrating bug? Still the same in Feb2019 version.

Regards,

Paolo.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom . Tried again with Qlik Sense April 2020 release, but still have the same problem.

In the image below you see the "color by measure" expression enclosed by a num function to force the number formatting  but  it´s completely ignored.

The new custom tool tip functionality works with number formatting applied.

Temp_Color Tooltip error.png

How to solve this ?

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Number formatting are coming to Color by and Size by. First out is the map chart, which has that option in April 2020:

color_by.png

The Pie, Bar and Line chart will get it in June 2020.

And hopefully master measures later this year.

Thanks,

Patric

paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II

At last! 😉

My personal wait list:

- self reference to measure when e.g. you want to customize colors, titles and so on, without repeat formulas (I know that I can define variables and master measure but there are too many situations when this isn't needed);

- lockable pivot tables (when you want to define a hierarchy and avoid changes by users);

- decent (yes, without S...) sorting options for pivot tables, especially regarding order by measure and working right in sublevels, as Excel does from decades...

Personally I don't care too much of advanced features if I don't have much simple ones...

Regards,

Paolo.    

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

1. Self reference, may come later this year.

3. Pivot sorting, please check out "Sort by first measure", new feature in April 2020

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/PivotTab...

As for lockable pivots (and other ideas), go and vote for the idea or create a new one if it is missing:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/PivotTab...

Thanks,

Patric

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Great news Patric ! This is the last time I will annoy you about this issue !