Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II

"Create new connection" fails

Hi All,

I recently downloaded Qlik Sense and am trying to develop my first dashboard. I first want to connect to a Database. I don't know whether

1. I should do it in the QMC since its the first database connection that I am trying to make or

2. I can directly go to Qlik Sense an in the Data Load Editor, "Create new connection".

I tried both the above steps:

1. In the first one, I can't see any "Add" button where I can give a new Database connection

2. I tried the second one as well. I went to Qlik Sense>> Data Load Editor>> Create new connection>> OLE DB >> Selected the "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" (depending on the DB) >> Entered the Data Source info followed by the Specific user name and password>> Clicked on "Test connection". But it says connection failed. I even tried saving the Data source name but it says "You do not have access to the data source" though I am able to access it through Qlik View using the same credentials.
Connection.JPG

Test failed.JPG

Connection error.JPG

No Access.JPG

Thanks,

Deepti

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Lathaa,

I followed the link and tried doing it through ODBC as well. But it didn't work.

The reason bring the fact that the server that I am using is on dmz and due to security reasons I can't connect to the SQL Server.

Nevertheless, thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Deepti

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Deepti ,

This was the exactly same issue that I faced when I started to learn Qlikview...

Please Refer the Thread : Unable to connect SQL Server - "Username not found error"

Regards

Lathaa

deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Lathaa,

I followed the link and tried doing it through ODBC as well. But it didn't work.

The reason bring the fact that the server that I am using is on dmz and due to security reasons I can't connect to the SQL Server.

Nevertheless, thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Deepti