Formerly we had just one virtual proxy called "Central Proxy (Default)", with no prefix. The primary url was https://qlik.contoso.com/. We had no problems connecting to the Qlik Sense Engine API.
We recently changed the prefix on the Central Proxy to be "windows" (https://qlik.contoso.com/windows), and we added a second virtual proxy called "Azure" with no prefix (https://qlik.contoso.com/), associating it with the original Central Proxy. We did this in order to enable Azure AD authentication without requiring a change in url for our users.
The transition has been smooth except for this issue with the Engine API. We would be grateful to anyone who can help us resolve this.
private static ILocation GetQlikDesktopLocation()
//Uri prior to changing prefix of central proxy to "windows"
//ILocation location = Qlik.Engine.Location.FromUri(new Uri("<a href="https://qlik.contoso.com:443" target="_blank">https://qlik.contoso.com:443</a>"));
//Uri after changing prefix of central proxy to "windows"
ILocation location = Qlik.Engine.Location.FromUri(new Uri("<a href="https://qlik.contoso.com:443/windows/" target="_blank">https://qlik.contoso.com:443/windows/</a>"));
// Defines the location as NTLM via proxy. The default value for proxyUsesSsl is true. Must be set to false if the connection uses http.
After the above code is run, the following snippet is executed to check for a live connection, and it fails:
private static void ExitIfServerUnavailable(ILocation location)
if (location.IsAlive()) return;
TextHelper.WriteLine("Engine at " + location.ServerUri + " is not alive");
Note that we're able to access the Engine API successfully using the Engine API Explorer. For example, here are the details for the "Connect to engine" request: