Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.
Hey Guys! I'm new with Qlik products and I struggle with a simple task when I need to load data from xlsx file to Qlik Desktop.
I've created an app in desktop hub and folder connection. Everything is ok when I upload the file
But when I click "prepare data" here comes the error
Connection established in the standart folder C:\Users\username\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps
I've tried to connect another folder on drive D: but no results
Maybe the problem relates with user roles, because I'm not admin and can't change it. Please assist.
I don't use Oracle. But have set up many data connections with SQL.
Have you confirmed that the connection actually works? If it does work then at what point are you having a problem?
I still do it the old way. I typically don't use the Data Manager. But if you pick The data load editor instead of 'Add Data' then when that opens you should see your Oracle data connection on the right side. There should be a button to Select Data. Click on that and then you should be able to see the tables in your database. If you get this far then the connection itself is working.
Select any table.
Then select insert script. The code should now show up in your script editor.
Click on Load Data in top right corner.
If everything is setup correctly your data should load and then you can open the App and build some visualizations.
Sorry for the delayed reply...I have tried the above. It seems the only way round is to create a new app and try and add all tables in at once.
Not sure if the solution is still relevant but take a look at your headers in 'Data Load Editor'. Perhaps on your second load you may have changed the headers' names and QS is unable to recognize the different names. I changed mine accordingly and subsequent datasheets loaded proper. Hope it helps, cheers.