cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamJohnson
Partner - Contributor III

qvfs and Qlik Data Transfer

Hi, I am trying to upload data from an app in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows to Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS. I would rather not mess around scripting the original app to save all the tables to individual .qvd and then have to push those and recreate the app/data model in the cloud. There is functionality to upload complete data model using qvf. If an app is on-prem, and being used, the app file in shared persistence doesn't have .qvf suffix, so I can't select that app file to create an app connection to move the data. I also tried duplicating and exporting the app file so it creates a qvf, and then using that to connect to QDT, but then the data reload fails because it says it doesn't have connection to the data connections for reload. Am I missing something here?    

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamJohnson
Author

This is me being stupid. The app file doesn't have to have the qvf suffix. The app connection string syntax was incorrect. When you 'copy as path' the path includes "" which have to be removed from outside the path string, then the app upload works. This only works if the app can reload. App upload through QDT requires the app to reload the data, QDT will then take the table data, temporarily store in qvds, to push to cloud. If QDT can not reload the app, the upload will fail. Often times the issue is that there is a data connection in the app that QDT can not access, which will cause the app upload failure.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The Duplicate app is pointing towards an old data connection and seems like it's failing. please try to update the data connection in the duplicate app and try to reload it again.

Thanks

Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

Hi,

The Duplicate app is pointing towards an old data connection and seems like it's failing. please try to update the data connection in the duplicate app and try to reload it again.

Thanks

AdamJohnson
Author

This is me being stupid. The app file doesn't have to have the qvf suffix. The app connection string syntax was incorrect. When you 'copy as path' the path includes "" which have to be removed from outside the path string, then the app upload works. This only works if the app can reload. App upload through QDT requires the app to reload the data, QDT will then take the table data, temporarily store in qvds, to push to cloud. If QDT can not reload the app, the upload will fail. Often times the issue is that there is a data connection in the app that QDT can not access, which will cause the app upload failure.