Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Qlik® Product Spotlight: Discover what’s possible. Get more from our products.
See for yourself. Register today.
Not applicable

qvw to qvf conversion hanging

Hi All,

I am trying to convert three QlikView applications into Qlik Sense applications using Qlik Sense Desktop.  I was able to drag the first qvw into desktop and convert without issue.  However, when I do the same thing with the other two applications it hangs when trying to open the files in Qlik Sense Desktop.  I already removed my hidden scripts and section access.  I also tried commenting out all of my load script code and it still hangs when opening.  Any ideas what might be going wrong?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: qvw to qvf conversion hanging

I was able to figure this out myself.  I read through the following intro to section access document: Introduction to Section Access

What I discovered is that there is section access at the document level.  I needed to uncheck the setting 'Initial Selection Based on Section Access' under Settings>Opening.  After turning this setting off and reloading the QlikView application, I was able to convert the .qvw to .qvf.

1 Reply
Not applicable

Re: qvw to qvf conversion hanging

I was able to figure this out myself.  I read through the following intro to section access document: Introduction to Section Access

What I discovered is that there is section access at the document level.  I needed to uncheck the setting 'Initial Selection Based on Section Access' under Settings>Opening.  After turning this setting off and reloading the QlikView application, I was able to convert the .qvw to .qvf.