Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

reference line query

i would like to know is it possible to add a reference line for each month in the chart.

lets say the dimension is [month year] so i would like to add a reference line for each month.

i have tried reference line option for bar/combo charts thats not what am looking for.

i want the reference line to go for each month, it may be continuous lines with its own peak up and down or could be broken lines for each month.

or plz suggest if there is any extension that i can use

thanks

7 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You need to add the reference data in load script.

Something like attached.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

i need qvf file not qvw..using qlik sense

vikasmahajan

It seems it is not available in Sense I am also searching for the same.

Go through this thread Re: Reference line in combo chart ?

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

like this?

Untitled.png

vikasmahajan

Arul Can you share qvf  and tell us whether it is possible ? , I want vertical reference lines.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Sorry My Bad.

In QlikSense you may find a sample document named "Consumer Sales". In that Application go to Budget Analysis.

Here you will see actual vs budget chart. Do you need chart like this. In your case Budget will be the reference value.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vikas,

As you are expecting a different value for every month year, this could be possible only if you have reference data for each month or I can say Target for each month year, So above method will work. Can you show any picture ruffly so we know exactly what exactly your requirement ?