Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aatish12345
Creator II
Creator II

returning customer count

Dear All,

I have date and customerID these 2 fields from same table ,I want to compare the customer ID from 2019 year with CustomerID from 2020 year , since date field has only 2 years 

I want to compare customerID From 2019 with customerID From  2020 AND Want to get count where it got matched with 2020, so that i would be able to find returning customer.

I am not getting a way to do this

Kindly help!

Regards,

Aatish

5 Replies
shwethaa
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Aatish,

If you want to count number of Customer are lie in both 2019 and 2020 then you can try below expression- 

Count({<Year={"2019"},CUSTOMER_ID=p({<Year={"2020"}>}CUSTOMER_ID)>}Distinct CUSTOMER_ID)

Let me know if this works.

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

May be this 

=count({< CustomerID= p({<[Date]={$(=max(year(Date))-1)}>}  CustomerID) >} CustomerID)

aatish12345
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, it is working fine, now I wanted to extract new customers out of it, so I have taken a difference between customers of 2020 and returning customers in 2020, but it is not giving expected result in chart, If I display new customer count in KPI then it is giving correct number. My requirement is to show both returning and new customer in bar chart.

Here in new customer --> it is calculating total customers in 2020 and showing negative bar for returning customer 

aatish12345_0-1593092851715.png

Here original new customer count is 11067, but it is showing 12713 and remaining value in term of negative bar

Plz help if possible

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

We used P function to count for a Year the customer who were there the year before like this : 

The P function INCLUDE 

=count({< CustomerID= p({<[Date]={$(=max(year(Date))-1)}>}  CustomerID) >} CustomerID)

So may be you can try the E function who EXCLUDE values to get only NEW customer 

=count({< CustomerID= E({<[Date]={$(=max(year(Date))-1)}>}  CustomerID) >} CustomerID)

nethertheless i 'm pretty not sure as set analysis is'nt my "native language" 

aatish12345
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the reply dear brunobertels,

I will try E function  for sure and get back to you