cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DevelopCal
Contributor III
Contributor III

screen size form one screen to another

is there any option for resize automatically the screen? I mean, when you open the app in a laptop screen, the kpis appear overlapping

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @DevelopCal 

Qlik Sense has a responsive design, which means it should resize itself to work well on any form factor.

Are you using extensions or all native objects?

The best way to test what an app will do on a smaller screen is to use a big screen and then put the browser into a window and pull it about. To test specific form factors (i.e. phones) Chrome has a tool for this, press F12 and click the Device Toolbar button to see different devices:

2020-09-27_12-25-48.jpg

2020-09-27_12-26-30.jpg

If Sense is doing something weird you could perhaps show some screenshots (with sensitive data masked).

Steve

View solution in original post

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @DevelopCal 

That probably would have been related to doing resizing of screens in QlikView, which is a different, but related product.

Steve

View solution in original post

6 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @DevelopCal 

Qlik Sense has a responsive design, which means it should resize itself to work well on any form factor.

Are you using extensions or all native objects?

The best way to test what an app will do on a smaller screen is to use a big screen and then put the browser into a window and pull it about. To test specific form factors (i.e. phones) Chrome has a tool for this, press F12 and click the Device Toolbar button to see different devices:

2020-09-27_12-25-48.jpg

2020-09-27_12-26-30.jpg

If Sense is doing something weird you could perhaps show some screenshots (with sensitive data masked).

Steve

DevelopCal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Still having visualization errors

error.png

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @DevelopCal 

It looks like you are using a 3rd party extension for your KPIs. The standard KPI will most likely scale better, but perhaps lacks soone of the features you require. Try using different objects. 

The other option is to tell users with lower resolutions to use the Zoom out function in their browser. 

Steve

DevelopCal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks, i read something related with a macro or something like this?

thank you for the answer!

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @DevelopCal 

That probably would have been related to doing resizing of screens in QlikView, which is a different, but related product.

Steve

DevelopCal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Steve for your help. As you recommended we are trying with diferent objects and it works better!