Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qliksense_77
Creator
Creator

section access: omit for everyone except a couple of users

Hi,

I have an app, that everyone should to be able to access. But I need to OMIT a field for everyone, except a handful of users. I don't want to have to list every single user with OMIT <field> (except the handful). Is there anyway to omit for all users except a few named ones?

I wondered if I could use the solution below. User 1 and 2 are the users that should be able to see the field, that is omitted for everyone else.

Section Access;

LOAD * Inline [
"ACCESS" , "USERID" , OMIT
USER, *, FIELDNAME
ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER,
ADMIN, USER1,
ADMIN, User2,

];

Section Application;

Labels (1)
4 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Try

Section Access;
LOAD
If(CAN_SEE_EVERYTHING='YES','','FIELDNAME') as OMIT,
Inline [
ACCESS, USERID, CAN_SEE_EVERYTHING
USER, OTHERUSER1,
USER, OTHERUSER2,
ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER, YES
ADMIN, USER1, YES
ADMIN, USER2, YES];

Qliksense_77
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @hic , thanks for the reply. 

Will you be kind and explain the logic behind your solution ? And why your solution is better than mine ? This is my first time using section access and I need a little help understanding this 🙂

For instans, I dont understand why I should list some other users ( OTHERUSER1 and OTHERUSER2) instead of just using a * ? I have around 5000 (other) users that should have access to the app and see everything except one field, so I cant list all the other users. 

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

It may well be that your solution works excellently. Try it!

I misunderstood you - I thought you wanted to avoid the wildcard, since an authorized user then has two ways of getting into the app: Both through the wildcard and through the explicit user name.

Qliksense_77
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok thanks again, @hic . It is probably my bad english, that is causing misunderstandings:)

My solution seems to work, when I test it. I am just a little worried, because the field i am trying to hide for all except a few contains confidential information. And according to this post, what I am trying to do is not possible: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Administration/Section-Access-OMIT-White-List/td-p/942673

But that post is old and it is Qlikview.