Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

section access task failing

Hi

I have a small section access application. I load security table. In actual data table also i have entries for INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER AND DOMAINNAME\SERVICEACCOUNT in capital letters. All values exist for both accounts in security table with out any restrictions.

when i load data with my NT account it works with out any issues. when i schedule task it fails. I checked section access from this url and https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/1.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/Security/DynamicDataReduction...

Am i doing anything wrong ?

SECTION ACCESS;

SECURITYTABLE:

SQL Select  distinct ACCESS,USERID, REDUCTION

FROM dbo.Security;

6 Replies
Highlighted
Master III
Master III

Does the local administrator account that is running your Qlik server have the right permission for this dbo.security table?

Don't allow Perfection to be the enemy of Good Enough.
May you live in interesting times!
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Hi

For sure its a permission problem, when you acces to the server what is the user? this user have all the needed permission? try to change the user and try

Good Luck

Fernando

Highlighted
Not applicable

I just added service account running qlik sense services to security table. It has dbowner permissions on the database and still no luck.

When i access QMC i use my NT account which is a root admin and have all entries in security table. My NT account has permisisons on the table and also database owner for the database. When i excute from dataload editor with my NT account and it works.

When i access to server i use service account. I logged into VM server and opened QMC and executed task. Still no use

I have same entries in the security table for my nt account records and also service account and internal\scheduler account

I am unable to figure out what mistake that i am doing. I have attached security table in excel exported from sql server

Please provide some input

Thanks

Highlighted
Not applicable

Update

I logged into server using service account and went to hub. accessed app got denied message. I duplicated app into service account my work and opened app with out data and did try Load Data. It worked.

I went back to QMC Tasks and executed from server and it worked. I came to my local machine and opened QMC using my NT account and executed task and it worked.

My analysis is that even though i have data in app already loaded which contains service accoint in security table it did not work. I had to open hub using service account and after loading load data it started working

Seems weird to me as so many limitations loading data. Let me know if i did correct or wrong

Thanks

Highlighted
Master III
Master III

I have the feeling the account that does the reload task (usually the Qservice account) does not have permissions to access the database in which you have your Section Access source table.

Don't allow Perfection to be the enemy of Good Enough.
May you live in interesting times!
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Hi, change the row with user INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER to:

ACCESSUSERIDREDUCTION
ADMININTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER

will solve Your problem

Best,

Michał