Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

selecting a QVD to load and all fields

In QlikView if you want to load a QVD it is as easy as selecting "Table Files" and browsing/choosing the QVD - all corresponding fields and statements are retrieved.

Is there a quick way to do this I Qlik Sense?  What is the best way to create a load from a QVD in an efficient manner without having to manually type in the fields, load statement, path of file, etc?

Thanks,

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Even easier than that.

1. Open your app. 

2. Browse to your qvd using windows file explorer and drag the qvd file over your app.  QLik will do the rest.

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of typing in the all the fields you can just * instead it will load all fields.

As in :

Load * from ............................

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Bill - I realize I can do that but what I am asking  - isn't there a way to select a QVD through a connector or something. You don't have to freehand it all correct?

As I said in QlikView you could just proceed to the QVD and choose the file and bring it all in. Maybe our Qlik Sense isn't set up properly?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Even easier than that.

1. Open your app. 

2. Browse to your qvd using windows file explorer and drag the qvd file over your app.  QLik will do the rest.

Regards

Andy

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks!