Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sekrish
Contributor III
Contributor III

selection based on another field in a table

So I have a table chart in qlik sense that needs to show

Task_Number -Subtask_Number-Subtask_Owner_Name

most of the basck end data tables are associated with the task_number. the subtask_table has only the subtask_owner_uuid and there is a seperate emp table that has uuid and names which i am loading as below (without any left or inner joins)

[emp_names]:
LOAD
uuid,
uuidname
FROM [lib://.......qvd]
(qvd) where exists([subtask_owner_uuid],[uuid]);

issue i am facing is 
when i put in the table dimension in the chart to show the subtask-owner-name it is cycling through ALL the uuidnames in the uuid table for every subtask instead of just the subtask_owner_uuid from the subtask table

e.g:
Task_Number1-Subtask_Number1-EmpA

Task_Number1-Subtask_Number1-EmpB
Task_Number1-Subtask_Number1-EmpC

Task_Number1-Subtask_Number1-EmpD

assuming we have only 4 employees. i am guessing i need to use a set expression to fix this, but i cant seem to get the right one.  can anyone assist. i am guessing this is  a fairly common issue

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sekrish
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

changing the uuid field name to be exactly the same in both table and taking out the exists clause seemed to fix it, but its loading a lot of redundant uuid's  now. in the load script..

View solution in original post

1 Reply
sekrish
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

changing the uuid field name to be exactly the same in both table and taking out the exists clause seemed to fix it, but its loading a lot of redundant uuid's  now. in the load script..