Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

set analysis. By MonthName. dateSet={'Dec 2015'} ok, but dateSet={"$(=MonthName(MAX(dateSet))) is not

Just like what the title said...

NUM(   Sum( {$<QUANTITY_UM={"CTN"},Inventory_Date={"$(=DATE(MAX(Inventory_Date), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, dateSet={'Dec 2015'}>}[Ordered Qty]/CONVERSION_QTY),

'###,###.00'

)    , this one works. But when I tried to do something like the one below, It doesn't work.

NUM(   Sum( {$<QUANTITY_UM={"CTN"},Inventory_Date={"$(=DATE(MAX(Inventory_Date), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, dateSet={"$(=MonthName(MAX(dateSet)))"}>}[Ordered Qty]/CONVERSION_QTY),

'###,###.00'

)

I have tried showing MonthName(MAX(dateSet)) in a column, and the result's format is similar to 'Dec 2015'. Any idea how to make this work Qlikers?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: set analysis. By MonthName. dateSet={'Dec 2015'} ok, but dateSet={"$(=MonthName(MAX(dateSet))) is not

I don't see why it doesn't work assuming =MonthName(MAX(dateSet)) = 'Dec 2015' in a text box object. Would you be able to share a sample?

13 Replies

Re: set analysis. By MonthName. dateSet={'Dec 2015'} ok, but dateSet={"$(=MonthName(MAX(dateSet))) is not

dateSet is text or DateField? Seems like it is text. How is it getting created in the script?

Not applicable

Hi Sunny,

It's you again!
In the load editor, dateSet is created by this " MonthName(Date("Received Date", 'DD-MM-YYYY')) as dateSet,"

I don't see why it doesn't work assuming =MonthName(MAX(dateSet)) = 'Dec 2015' in a text box object. Would you be able to share a sample?

Not applicable

mm...may I have your email?

Not applicable

can't sent to you privately. Not sure where to find your email.

balrajahlawat
Esteemed Contributor

Can you try with this?

dateSet={"$(=MonthName(date(MAX(dateSet),'DD-MM-YYYY')))"}

Not applicable

tried this too. no luck. The result would return 0.00.

if you have created the dateSet as

MonthName(Date("Received Date", 'DD-MM-YYYY')) as dateSet then below should work

Considering you have data of Jan 2016

NUM(   Sum( {$<QUANTITY_UM={"CTN"},Inventory_Date={"$(=DATE(MAX(Inventory_Date), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, dateSet={"$(=MonthName(addmonths(MAX(dateSet),-1)))"}>}[Ordered Qty]/CONVERSION_QTY)

'###,###.00'

)

MVP
MVP

See, if this helps you attach a sample: Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Community Browser