Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zjdoonj
Contributor III
Contributor III

show description upon mouse hover on a chart

Hi Folks,

Is it possible to add description for a pie or column chart and when user hover the mouse on chart that description should display. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

7 Replies
skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

Explore the ToolTip option in the Appearance 

skamath1_0-1630691221875.png

zjdoonj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi skamath,

Tool tip is not acceptable by business as that is an extra component on the sheet. Is there anyway we can display the description upon hovering on a chart?

skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

Tool tips will not a extra component. It is part of properties of the chart object. 

When you add custom tooltip to the chart property, it will be displayed when you hover your mouse on the chart.

zjdoonj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

These all videos shows how to add dimension or measures to the tool tip. My requirement is different, I wanted to display some description when hover on a chart object. Can you please list the steps or attach sample app how to do that?

skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

You can add the description to the title of the tooltip.. 

if you want to show string description,  use  = 'This is sample description in tooltip'   in the title expression of the tooltip.

zjdoonj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes but that gets displayed when I hover over a dimension. Requirement is to show description when hover on the chart left or right not only dimension because then it look like that description is for the dimension not the whole chart. Thanks