cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John2
Contributor
Contributor

showing only relevant users data in a filter pane

Good evening all. We are showing a list box in the filter pane. Based on the user's access rights, users can select their data. But they can see all the data in the list box. How can we hide the additional data that does not belong to the user.

for ex.

User1 - Camry, Corolla, Yaris

User2 - Pilot, Honda, Civic

when User1 logs into the app, "Cars" filter shows all the cars allowing the user to select Camry, Corolla, Yaris and Pilot, Honda, Civic as grayed out. How can we hide Pilot, Honda, Civic since User1 shouldn't be seeing User2 cars. We are using "section access" to restrict the data to specific users.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If your section access data is associated with the Cars then it shouldnt show those values.

If not, then you can add Cars into the section access file.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If your section access data is associated with the Cars then it shouldnt show those values.

If not, then you can add Cars into the section access file.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
John2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thank you Kaushik. I have the whole object access was defined in the section access. I misunderstood the "gray" items. they are available to the users, but they grayed out because of some other filter. I am good with my logic. thank you.