Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landsch_siem
Contributor
Contributor

single-click selection in a filter-like table (keeping non-selected visible)

Hi there,

I would like to offer a certain workflow to our users, but I have not found a way to implement that in Qlik:

Basically, I have a table containing columns with device serial numbers and some properties of those devices (like number of adverse events, number of produced items), and I need to be able to sort the table by any of the columns.

I want to be able to use that table to select one device after the other (so that on a separate graph, there would appear additional curves of that device), and I would like to be able to do this with as few clicks as possible (so, I do want a single-click selection, and I do want to keep the table populated with the non-selected devices, and I want to keep the table not to be re-loaded or re-ordered)

In the end, this should be a workflow, where the user can quickly scan and select “suspicious” devices and inspect corresponding graphs, but does not loose the sorting order (so he/she does not forget, which one was selected last), and is able to sort the device list she is stepping along by other table dimensions (like severity or throughput or…)

My attempts to do that are:

• Use a filter instead of a table, which has the “keep the table populated"-feature, but does not include the other columns or the sorting
  • Use a table, which has the Dimension “serial_number”, and measures like =Only({$<serial_number={"*"}>} adverse_events) , and do a background coloring via IF(index( ', '&GetFieldSelections(serial_number)&',', ', '& serial_number&',') >0, $(vColorSelected),$(vColorNotSelected)) which keeps the non-selected devices visible and does a fake-coloring of the selection; but still the table gets a refresh on every selection -- This works fine, until I select a device where I had to use the scrollbar to get to that, because after the selection, the table gets reloaded and scrolls back to the first items, making my selection disappear.

On top of that, I want the “Click-once-to-select” feature without pressing the CTRL-key; some extensions like Vizlib can support that. (Yet, I can not use the “Only-one-selection-allowed” feature of QlikSense dimensions, since I also have to be able to select none of the devices)

Does anybody have an idea how to tackle that issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Wilfried

Labels (4)
0 Replies