cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SonOfJeffGoldblum
Contributor III
Contributor III

sorting and recoloring legend

I am currently working on a visualization across three separate apps yet all three I have found an inconsistency with when the data is loaded. I have read a previous forum entry based on reordering the sort of the legend and have done the same. Even after reordering and entering my own sort expression, loading the data differently, and updating the color expression, each app displays different from one to the next even though the values themselves are the same.

Is there a way to force an order/sort and additionally change the color in that or is there a data load script that will take care of that without needing an extension?

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

Everything not saved will be lost
— Nintendo Quit screen message
Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Can you show example for people to look at ?

SonOfJeffGoldblum
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Attached show the current code for both charts used in the colors and legends piece in the appearance section.

file - kwslgt shows the color and legend appearance section to be used. When the expression is being used, we get the right colors, however, the order changes on both charts, even though sorting has the identical sort shown in file - wtslkg.

When I use the auto color, the order changes only on one chart as shown in file - tkwslg.

This almost feels like that Rubik's cube where you get all the sides back to normal except one square on each side is still off.

Thank you in advance

Everything not saved will be lost
— Nintendo Quit screen message