Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FinService
Contributor
Contributor

table chart and filtering data

Hello, forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I cannot find examples about this.

I have a table chart used to display the customers that visited my site. I have a measure "VisitCount" and if I filter my calendar I see only those customers that visited my site in that particular date range. This is perfect.

I have also a visit YTD measure, that counts all the visit of the year, not considering the selected period.

My goal is to show "customer", "visit count" (for example this week) and "YTD visit count".
The undesired effect is that the inclusion of the YTD measure causes the table to show all the customers that have a visit this year. I want to show only customer of the period, but for each customer I want to show also the YTD count.

I can't find any way to achieve this but I think it should be a very common use case, so I'm sure there is a simple solution.

FinService_0-1604398162524.png

I don't want to see customers that have 0 in the first measure.

Can you help me? 

Thank you 

4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

what is your measure? 

can you paste here.

FinService
Contributor
Contributor
Author

A simple count over a fact type. This is the one that the user could filter 

Count({<TipoFatto={'WEBV'}>} key_LC_Visit)

This is the one the ignores every selection ( lifetime value, but I could use YTD and so on)

Count({1<TipoFatto={'WEBV'}>} key_LC_Visit)

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

can you try this?

Count({<TipoFatto*={'WEBV'}>} key_LC_Visit)

or

Count({$<TipoFatto={'WEBV'}>} key_LC_Visit)

FinService
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Uhm.. why?
The measure is fine. I want the total lifetime value of the visit count, and this work. 

But this measure forces the table to show every customer that have a non zero value for this lifetime value.

I try to explain in a different way:
This week I have 100 distinct customers that visited my site. I want the table to show those 100 customers.

Everything very simple, but now I want for each customer, to include the total visit count, but only for those 100 customers of the week. If I put the total measure in a new column, the table shows thousands of customers and not the 100 of the week.

I don't know if this explaination is better...