Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

the ODBC connection is locked and can not be deleted

Hi, all,

I am using desktop version QS 3.1 SR4.

When I add an new ODBC connection and using "LIB CONNECT TO", for some reason it dose not work (get the error in the attachment). So I try to delete the connection and re-create it, and then I found the connection is locked and can not be deleted.

I have same setting in other QS dash and that one works, but I do it several months ago in version 2.*, so maybe I did something wrong this time.

Attached are the screenshots related to the issues. The locked ODBC and the error when run the load script.

Dose any one encounter this issue?

Thanks very much!

Zhihong

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, all,

I just figured it out. I tried to use the  "select data" in that ODBC connection last week, and it generated an script section (on the left side of the window) with "auto-generated section", that script section locked the ODBC connection. After check the "locked" icon in this script section, then the ODBC connection is un-locked.

And for the connection error info, that is because I added the Qlikview ODBC connection in the "Include" script by accident.

Zhihong

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, all,

I just figured it out. I tried to use the  "select data" in that ODBC connection last week, and it generated an script section (on the left side of the window) with "auto-generated section", that script section locked the ODBC connection. After check the "locked" icon in this script section, then the ODBC connection is un-locked.

And for the connection error info, that is because I added the Qlikview ODBC connection in the "Include" script by accident.

Zhihong