cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

timeline in horizontal stack

Good evening all,

I'm trying to create a horizontal stacked chart to show the lifecycle of our servers going through the various stages (numbered 10-50 for ease). Unfortunately we don't have the ability to use qlik extensions so thought a horizontal stack would do the trick. Sadly I can't quite seem to get to where I need to be. I've tried putting 'date' , min(date) etc in the measures but it still looks wrong.

Please see below:

Sample data:

ProductStageDate
Server AStage 1001/10/2016
Server AStage 2027/01/2017
Server AStage 3004/03/2017
Server AStage 4008/05/2017
Server AStage 5010/10/2017
Server AComplete11/11/2017
Server BStage 1012/12/2016
Server BStage 2013/02/2017
Server BStage 3015/04/2017
Server BStage 4017/06/2017
Server BStage 5011/11/2017
Server BComplete20/12/2017

This is what I'm trying to create...see attachment

I'd be grateful for any thoughts on what formula / expression I'd need to get the date axis to work. I've assumed that using the two dimensions of product and stage are okay??

Or any ideas of a better way of doing it...

Thanks,

Pokes

2 Replies
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Leo,

To accomplish your requirement you need an offset parameter, but this feature isn't available in the stacked bar chart, perhaps you can give a try with the distribution plot.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Content/Videos/Videos-distribution-plot.htm

Regards,

Pablo

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your answer, even though it wasn't the answer I was hoping for! Sadly our IT dept are a little bit behind and we have the last release before the distribution charts came in so I'll have to think of another way.

Thanks,

Pokes