Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aniruddhyadutta
Creator
Creator

tricky date condition in set analysis

Hi All,

I am using a expression in set analysis where I want to show the cumulative sum of alert_count for  the present hour,present-1,present- 2 hour .here the variables $v2, $v3 and $v4 are calculating as hours.This is coming as fine

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$< Hour_link={'$(v2)','$(v3)','$(v4)'}>} ALERT_Count),0,RowNo()))

hours.PNG

But the problem is that I want to have my chart selected for the max date  for which I used

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$< Hour_link={'$(v2)','$(v3)','$(v4)'},Dates={'$(v5)'}>} ALERT_Count),0,RowNo()))

max date.PNG

my variable i.e $v5 is fetching as expected date which is the maximum of my data set.I just wanted to use that condition Dates=$v5

in my database datatype of Dates filed is date only.

max date.PNG

can someone please help me out!

Thanks,

Aniruddhya

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

How do you define your variable v5?

aniruddhyadutta
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

the def is as below

set v5=max(date(date#(left(DATETIME,8),'MMDDYYYY'),'YYYY-MMM-DD'));

AD

Anonymous
Not applicable

please try

let v5=max(date(date#(left(DATETIME,8),'MMDDYYYY'),'YYYY-MMM-DD'));

or

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$< Hour_link={'$(v2)','$(v3)','$(v4)'},Dates={'$(=v5)'}>} ALERT_Count),0,RowNo()))

sunny_talwar

When you create a text box with v5 as your expression, do you see the max date? If you do, then all your might need to do is to add an equal sign here and replace single quotes with double quotes in your modifier:

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$< Hour_link={'$(v2)','$(v3)','$(v4)'},Dates={"$(=v5)"}>} ALERT_Count),0,RowNo()))

Anonymous
Not applicable

another try:

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$< Hour_link={'$(v2)','$(v3)','$(v4)'},Dates={'$(=Date($(=v5)))'}>} ALERT_Count),0,RowNo()))

@Sunny T: your solution doesn't work for me, also with double quotes, I have to use the Date() function.

aniruddhyadutta
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

Unfortunately I had  tried this approach but did not worked..

AD

aniruddhyadutta
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately this didn't worked  out either..

AD

aniruddhyadutta
Creator
Creator
Author

even if I hardcode its not working

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$< Hour_link={'$(v2)','$(v3)','$(v4)'}>} ALERT_Count,Dates={'2016-Oct-26'}),0,RowNo()))

sunny_talwar

What is Dates field format within Qlik Sense? Create a filter object and see what format does it come in as? Also check if it is read as a date or not. These are some good links to read about dates

Get the Dates Right

Why don’t my dates work?