Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albert
Contributor
Contributor

unkown error when opening data load UI in Qlik Sense Desktop

Hi everyone,

I'm currently testing Qlik Sense Desktop but I am unable to add data to a new app. When I try to open the data load UI, the following error message occurs (in english: An error occurred - unknown error)

error messageerror messageThis error appeared first in the version November 2018 Patch 2, but persisted into version February 2019. I use Windows 10 Enterprise Version in a Domain Network. During the Installation of Qlik Sense Desktop I followed the guidelines provided under: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Introduction/install... with recommended settings. Therefore Qlik Sense Desktop is installed under C:\Users\{User}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense. One problem I encountered prior to the mentioned error message was, that Qlik Sense logged into my network drive instead of the documents folder. This was resolved by setting LogPath in the services.conf file to "C:\Users\{User}\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log". The Windows Defender Firewall allows communication of Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher.

A warning level log entry in the Windows Event Viewer with source Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher reads:

Unexpected termination (0) for process 0
Facility = Connector Registry Proxy Service
ExePath = Node\node.exe
Script = ConnectorRegistryProxy\src\index.js

An error level log entry in "WS13122_System_Engine_2019-02-22" reads:

ERROR 20190222T105525.698+0100 10956 10196 Internal\Engine default 0 20190222T105518.000+0100 RestClient: HTTP request for url /migrate/ping failed with error code 12029 (source: 5)

Thanks in advance

1 Reply
Albert
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The issue seemed to be linked to our domain network. By disconnecting from this network and connecting via another network, I was able to open the data load UI without error.