Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bartwelvaarts
Contributor III
Contributor III

use pivot table without sum

Hello friends of the Qlik community,

I have a question regarding the pivot table. I have some calculations that i calculate in the script editor. I put these calculations in a straight tabel and this is correct and works fine. I do not use the the sum() aggregation because i already did that in the script editor (to enhance performance) but when i do use it, i get wrong totals. So i use:

measure = [amount]

now i want to use the same calculations in a pivot table without using sum, but i get null values. when i use sum(), i do get results but the outcome is wrong. Does someone know how i can work around this?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
danistontt
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

can you share an example ?
Qlik always aggregate data, so I think the problem is caused by the aggregation in pivot that you are not considering (you can try also avg or another aggregate function).

Regards,
Daniele

bartwelvaarts
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I added a example below. So if i understand correctly, you always need to use a aggregation in the pivot table.

danistontt
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik always aggregate, so I advice to use always aggregation function (sum/avg/count..).
From the example I suppose that in the straight table you see some double values a single time, it is possible ?

Can you attach the .qvf also?