Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

using show/hide container and variable button

Hello, I am using the show hide container mixed with a variable button to show and hide charts depending on my condition. 

E.g.

I have 2 buttons - "CHARTS" and "TABLE". Depending on the selection of the button, users will see the visualization in the form of a chart or table. I'd like to incorporate the tabbed container with this whole process so that with a click of a button, the users will be 5 tabs all in table form, or 5 tabs all in chart form. I can get graphs to show for 1 of each but no more than that. Wondering if anyone have any luck incorporating the usage of the ext: variable + show/hide + tabbed containers. 

Capture.PNG

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

Here is an example of a button toggling all tabs in the container between tables and charts.  You should be able to adapt to your circumstances.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

Here is an example of a button toggling all tabs in the container between tables and charts.  You should be able to adapt to your circumstances.

dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I noticed I had to dl this version of the show/hide ext. I was initially using the out of the box qlik bundle.

dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

one last question for you kind sir - I dl the extension you are using. I cannot, for the love of god, see this extension on the left hand side in qlik. I believe this is the one you are using - (https://github.com/fadyheiba/ShowHide). After importing this into our qmc, your visuals and the toggle works beautifully. When I try to recreate this to meet my problem, I cannot even find that extension I brought in through the qmc. The only other thing I can think of is maybe doing a restart on the server but that'll have to wait until the days end. 

andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

It should show up right under the "About Extensions" like in my screenshot below.  We're on September 2019 Patch 2.  I think your idea to bounce those servers is a good first step.

Ext.jpg

dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yea the behavior is throwing me off because I can see your work in the qvf even though I don't see the actual extension in my extension area. I'll have to see if the restart will fix that. 

Btw - we are on june 2019 patch 3, I'd assume since you guys have the next quarter update, it would be sept 2019 patch 4. Not sure how their ordering convention goes but that seemed interesting.

andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

Nah, patches are associated to the quarter.  They always reset to 1.  Patch 2 for September 2019 came out on 12/4.

dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

not sure where my common sense disappear to there. thanks for the clarification and for your help. Much appreciated. 

dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I re-created what you had in your qvf. I was able to create my toggle button, with a new variable to toggle my charts and tables. I successfully placed 2 charts in a container broken out by 2 tabs. I am stuck at the part of adding the graphical visualizations, as the toggle off, and creating a linkage as you did on yours. For some reason, on my graphs, I don't have the option to link as you do in your KPI example. Does this apply only to some visualization? Is there any known workaround?

Capture.PNG

andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

Each individual viz has to be a master item and then each show hide container has to in turn be its own master item to include in the container object.  So there are two levels of master items here.