Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fmazzarelli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

variable

hi Community,

I wanted to thank you for the support you have given me .

Not being a programmer but a user , I need someone to take care about my needs .

I need to create a variable where to insert a date ( eg 06.20.2015 ) and based on a range of dates specified by the user ( ie from 01/01/2010 to 07/30/2015) I should go

to rapresent

since date 01/01/2010 to 20/06/2015 indicating the data as expired

since 06.20.2015 to 07.30.2015 indicating the data as to expire.

Could you help me?

23 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Go to the original thread directly rather than through your inbox the details in your action box exclude details like file attachments.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

did you manage to get it working?

Not applicable

Andy

I am trying to get this qvf to work on QlikSense Desktop for a little POC and the buttons don't seem to work.

The calculations only run when I hit the load data button in the data load editor.

Do extensions only work with the Sense Server?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Extensions work in both versions.   From the sound of it the issue isn't the variable extension it is where you are performing the behaviour.

If you are making changes to your calculation in the load script based on a variable setting then by definition you need to run the load script to apply those calculations.

If you want to use the variable function client side (Which is what this extension is built to facilitate) then you need to be performing your calculation in your measure on the chart.

E.g.

If(vCalc='A', <Perform Calc A>, <Perform Calc B>)

Hope this makes sense

Regards

Andy