Did you mean: 
Aspiring_Developer
Creator III
Creator III

weekstart numbers qliksense

Hello All,

I have below table :-

Aspiring_Developer_1-1649678192510.png

I wish to show the sum of value corresponding to week opening of each month. 

I created week opening dates from Report Date in the above table.

Now , I wish to show only 79 corresponding to 10/04/20222. in the measure .

Right now when I am trying to show , it is prompting me total values of all the days present inside that week like below :-

Aspiring_Developer_2-1649678282829.png

I think , it can be achieved via set analysis but I am not able to understand how ?

Can anyone please help ?

Thanks in advance

@Kushal_Chawda 

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

So, the main question for me is: Do you want to group by week start, or do you want to filter on week start?

If "group by", then

• Each week start should show the aggregate of the entire week.
  • Your weekstart dimension should be "=WeekStart(REPORT_DATE)". And it would be better to have it in the script.
  • You need to remove the REPORT_DATE from the dimensions. (Because each week contains multiple dates.) So, just two dimensions: LOB_trend and WeekStart.
  • Optionally, you could use use REPORT_DATE as the the third dimension in a pivot table, and collapse this to get the week aggregate.

If "filter", then

• Each week start should show the aggregate of the week start day only.
  • Don't use week start as dimension. Use REPORT_DATE.
  • Define week day in the script: WeekDay(REPORT_DATE) as WeekDay
  • Use set analysis: Sum({<WeekDay={Mon}>} TREND_VOL) 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you want to show the Sum() for the entire week on the weekstart, you should simply remove the REPORT_DATE from the dimensions. But keep the "LOB_trend" and add "=WeekStart(REPORT_DATE)" as dimension. 

Aspiring_Developer
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you @hic  for your response. However I need to show the report date in my table. And if you will see in the above screenshot , I have created a dimension comprising only weekstart dates of each month. But those dates are showing cumulative sum of all the days in a week instead of single opening date. Please help 

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

So, the main question for me is: Do you want to group by week start, or do you want to filter on week start?

If "group by", then

• Each week start should show the aggregate of the entire week.
  • Your weekstart dimension should be "=WeekStart(REPORT_DATE)". And it would be better to have it in the script.
  • You need to remove the REPORT_DATE from the dimensions. (Because each week contains multiple dates.) So, just two dimensions: LOB_trend and WeekStart.
  • Optionally, you could use use REPORT_DATE as the the third dimension in a pivot table, and collapse this to get the week aggregate.

If "filter", then

• Each week start should show the aggregate of the week start day only.
  • Don't use week start as dimension. Use REPORT_DATE.
  • Define week day in the script: WeekDay(REPORT_DATE) as WeekDay
  • Use set analysis: Sum({<WeekDay={Mon}>} TREND_VOL) 
Aspiring_Developer
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I tried by removing Report date from dimension but it is still giving me the cumulative sum :-

Aspiring_Developer_0-1649750302074.png

MayilVahanan

Hi @Aspiring_Developer 

MayilVahanan_0-1649752115809.png

Weekstart for all those dates is "4th Apr". so its give cumulative values - 493.
If you want to see only sunday date, then u can include set analysis something like below.

Dim: REPORT_DATE

Exp: Sum({<WeekDay={'Sun'}>} TREND_VOL) 

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.