Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

what does the Qlik sense Autmated refresh mean?

Hi Guys,

i am a beginner in qlik sense environment and currently i was working on Desktop version of Qlik Sense for some POC. i was going through the differences b/w desktop and enterprise version and there is this Automated data refresh feature in enterprise version . Can anyone tell me how does it work and how helpful it will be if our company moves to enterprise version in near future?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rittermd
Master
Master

With Enterprise you can create and schedule tasks to reload your data.  They can run daily, weekly, triggered by other tasks, etc.  So once you have the app created and the task scheduled you don't need to do anything to keep the data current for users.  You can't do that with Desktop.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

With Enterprise you can create and schedule tasks to reload your data.  They can run daily, weekly, triggered by other tasks, etc.  So once you have the app created and the task scheduled you don't need to do anything to keep the data current for users.  You can't do that with Desktop.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response .What i concluded here is that the task of LOAD DATA which we do manually in Desktop environment can be skipped in enterprise version as we can trigger the the data reload by scheduling it according to our requirement.

One silly question in mind :will this scheduling reload the data present in associative memory of Qlik Sense or does it have the capability to refresh the data source also?

rittermd
Master
Master

It will reload the data from the source.