Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

while loop in expression or help for multi-dimensional combo chart

can I put a while or a for loop into an expression?

I'm trying to make a multi-dimensional combo chart (qlik unfortunately doesn't seem to support it).  I'm trying to trick it then do conditional formatting.

for (i = 0; endIterator = 2; i + 1)

If( i = 1, Count(distinct {$

<BINFlagMonth={1}>} {$<[Emp Type]={'P'}>

}
BIN), Count(distinct {$

<BINFlagMonth={1}>} {$<[Emp Type]={'F'}>

}
BIN)
)

My main dimension is month, and I have 2 measures that I'm displaying,  so by month, I'm trying to display total positions available for Parttime v Fulltime (measure one) and the actual staffed parttime v fulltime positions (measure two).. making 2 distinct bars per month and two sub categories within each.

can i do this?  please say that it's possible!

11 Replies
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Nope, it is not possible in one chart. I guess theoretically all 2-D Bar charts can be built either with 1 dimension +many measures or with 2 dimensions +1 measure.  As you have already stated, you are asking 2 dimensions and 2 measures so nope it can't be pictured.

Even at excel also this thing is not possible, I just googled and found excel guys are also fooling the system by narrowing width and using some hidden white bar to showcase this.

My take is building two stacked Bar charts (two visualizations).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

unfortunately, not the answer i wanted to hear.  i could at least have a work-around in excel..  anyone else???  please please.  I'd like to have a better solution  having two charts doesn't allow the user to see them side-by-side!!