Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

2-dimension / 2-expression bar chart question

Hi, I'm brand new to QlikView!

I am trying to develop a bar chart with 2 dimension levels, and I was hoping to get two expressions to display as side-by-side bars, but I can only get them to stack. I've attached 2 images, one showing what i've been able to get in QlikView, the other showing what I'm trying to get to.

I am seeking either:

• Advice on how to go about achieving my goal in QlikView, if it's even possible, or;
  • Suggestions on displaying something similar to what I am looking for that might be better/enhance user experience/etc.

Thank you for any suggestions or input.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Tom,

Here are two possible solutions.  The first one combines the Quarter and the Level into a single dimension so you get the display you are looking for however the labels are now Quarter-Level (e.g. Q1-Key).  The second solution uses a grouped expression so you can look at count or sales.

-Josh

PS I used my special powers as a QlikTech employee to make it so you can open the QVW with personal edition (this will expire at the end of January 2014).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hmm... I am still working on the side by side piece but this is one step closer to what you are looking for....

Not applicable
Author

I am still evaluating QlikView for my company and only have Personal Edition and have exceeded my qvw import limit. Can you perhaps describe what you've done and I can attempt to mimic it?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That layout is not possible afaik. You can use three dimensions and an expression or two dimensions and N expressions. But you'll get groups of stacked bars, not groups of grouped bars.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Tom,

Here are two possible solutions.  The first one combines the Quarter and the Level into a single dimension so you get the display you are looking for however the labels are now Quarter-Level (e.g. Q1-Key).  The second solution uses a grouped expression so you can look at count or sales.

-Josh

PS I used my special powers as a QlikTech employee to make it so you can open the QVW with personal edition (this will expire at the end of January 2014).